Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The On-Going Traveling Sweater Saga

Ok - so I found the pattern back over the fall and decided I needed the pattern. The Traveling Sweater just looked soo cool.  But being the type to never use the yarn called for, I decided to substitute.  Plus I couldn't get a good idea of the colours of the Woobu yarn called for.  I decided to make it for my sister for Christmas, I had her pick the colour she wanted.  Went on a trip to Webs and got some Ella Rae in a eggplant purple.  (Doesn't hurt that my name is Rae ..... HAHAHAHA!)

It is now January and I am still working on this sweater.  The Ella Rae works up a tad bit larger than the Woobu, so rather than making the large size, I'm knitting to the smaller size, but getting the proportions of the larger size.  The biggest problem I have is that there is no real schematic for the sweater, so I'm mostly hoping that it'll work out correctly.  I'm reasonably confident that it'll work out correctly.

Right now my biggest problem is pain.  I have to knit a heavy DK weight on size 3 needles.  And knit tightly.  After 2 or 3 rows, I have to stop and let my hands rest.  So progress is slow.

Stay tuned.  I'll post picks later.

No comments: