Sunday, November 3, 2013

Its Been A While

hhmmm... I cant even remember when I last posted anything. It was when I went to Vogue Knitting.  What an amazing weekend that was!!

And now that I read it... hahahhahaha - I still haven't finished the baby blanket.... and the baby turned 1 last month.  The other sweaters have been completed.  And now that its getting cold again in the MidAtlantic states, its time to drag them out again.

Also time to look at sweaters that I haven't worn for awhile.  Some I never liked, some I didn't care for the construction, some I just plain didn't like.  So since I had a really bad week at work, I gave myself permission to rid myself of the handknit sweaters I didn't like.  I de-constructed three (yep 3) sweaters.  One was a rib warmer that just never was big enough.  One was a roundish sweater out of Noro - I just never liked the way the ribbing didn't lay flat.  Third was a bolero made from Rowan Calmer that I just never liked when it was finished.  So they are all going to become something else.

And I feel better after taking them apart.

Oh - and I pinned out two shawls for blocking.

Yup - productive weekend.


No comments: