Sunday, November 3, 2013

Post MSW...

WOW... I thought I had alot of yarn before..... Now I have even more.  I played with it a bit this morning, but was so over-whelmed, I stopped.  I must clean... get rid of the yucky yarn and keep the nice stuff.  I hate to admit to becoming a yarn snob but it is true!!

Now I do admit there are times when acrylic is the correct choice.  I have not and will not knit something for a baby out of a nice wool or silk.  They are just going to throw up on it, or get it dirty in some way with body fluids.  And I'm not going to force a new mother to hand-wash a baby item.  They wont have the time - and the item will never get used.

So ... I'll keep some of the baby acrylics and use them to make baby blankets.  Usually if I dont know a baby or someone that is having a baby, I make them for Project Linus.  One of my favourite organizations. But the rest of it is yard sale bound.

Tomorrow is yarn clean up day.  So pictures tomorrow .....

No comments: