Sunday, March 27, 2011

...and more things

The traveling sweater is moving along.   I finished the left back and sleeve.  So time to put that on the side and start the right side.  The one thing I do like about the pattern is that the directions are for the left and right sides.  Not the typical stupid "repeat for the right side reversing shaping".  So I'll have more pics later this week.

The scrappy scarf project is going along well.  I'm on the second scarf and it's turning out really cool.  I'm going to start asking friends for sock yarn scraps/  Also looking forward to Maryland Sheep and Wool, there's always Koigu by weight.  That would be PERFECT for more scraps!

Over the summer, I happened to be working a stand next to Kellie form Lizard Toes.   I dont think I've ever laughed so hard at a show - all weekend!! Her stitch markers are the coolest I have ever seen!! I bought a few stitch markers, then but now she has some really cool new ones.  I just bought last night - http://lizardtoes.bigcartel.com/product/deluxe-stitch-markers-24k.  Every project needs a little sparkle!!

And since I was in a shopping mood - I also got this pattern from Wendy Knits http://wendyknits.net/2011/03/21/pattern-now-available/.  The pattern is only $5.00 and she's donating all proceeds to the Red Cross for relief efforts in Japan.  I thought it was a good deal.  Plus since I have all of her books ..... and I love reading her blog.

All of the furries were sleeping in the sunlight at the front door, I tried to take a pic - but when they heard me they all scattered....

No comments: